Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's been one of 'those' days.. the moon is full and we were run ragged at work.. so many discharges and then admissions to fill the beds.. we got through it though and I'm home again.
It was warm today- almost 90 degrees.. When I got home none of the ACs were on, so I'm feeling the heat pretty good right now. My room will cool off quicky- it isn't that big.

We have pumpkins ripening in the garden.. not big, but nice. I don't think they are pie making pumpkins, but who knows? The Zombecks bought a huge one and it's sitting on our porch.

I had a note from my friend Nancy tonite.. I'll share parts of the note with you..

Hi All,
Thanks for praying for our safe arrival here Monday noon.

Spent some time with Barb, it was an emotional time for all.
We were thrilled today to see her move her left foot several times on the bed and her left fingers, and trying to tense up near the elbow.

This morning she was transferred by ambulance to the Rancho Rehab in Downey, Ca. Duane was allowed to ride in the ambulance and the Med tech seemed happy to have him as he knows how to get responses from her.. She will be in Acute rehab, with many new faces and challenges.

Nicole and Ethan rode down with the pastor and a friend, to see where their mom will be. Pray for their comfort in not being able to see her everyday. The kids have activities and have to be taken and picked up from school, no late risers here!

Please continue to pray for her healing and the hard work ahead.

Pray Duane can get rest. He's very loving and we were humbled watching him attend to her needs, exercise her limbs and figure out what she needs.

We praise God for the funds that continue to arrive for her medial expense..

Tomorrow, we're being blessed by a crew of house cleaners and people to mow the yard.


We appreciate your continued prayers and love for all of us..

Love,
Nancy And Don

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

I got TWO of those beautiful pumpkins. Uncle Charlie said they were Pie Pumpkins - so that's what I'm planning to use them for. I figured that they wouldn't last long on my porch with the clepto neighbors... so I will enjoy them from within.

Oh and we had a crazy day at work yesterday too - but it was one of those joyous... everyone's laughing kind of day. We loved it!