Monday, September 03, 2007

LABOR DAY 2007

I think everyone had a good time this evening. If they left hungry, it was their own choosing. We had steaks, burgers, hot dogs, bratwurst, chicken and shrimp . There was potato salad, veggies/dip, fruit salad, chips/dip, deviled eggs, and baked beans.. Lots of great food..
It was a family picnic.. and we had lots of fun playing horseshoes and badminton.. and I had a lot of fun following the rest of the gang around snapping pictures so I could share our day here.


Toward dusk.. the tiki torches were lit.. I love those things. They seem to give an ordinary picnic an extra-ordinary atmosphere. And they keep the bugs back. I did notice a couple of flies, but for the most part, not too many bugs.
It was so comfortable outside.. not too hot, not too cool till later in the evening.


These are 2 of my 5 grandsons.. Paul III, and Daniel. Daniel looks like he wishes he weren't being hugged.. Check out the mischief in P3's face..


"ICE KEEM GRAMMA"
Yep.. glad I sent Wendell out today for a tub of ice cream.. as anticipated, David met me inside after we ate and those were 'his' words.. and I was happy to oblige.


Even big kids like ice cream.. hehehe

No comments: