Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's Wednesday.. that's 'over the hump day' for some of us. It was also the day that Amy dropped off the 4 grandchildren for a little visit.. and we had some fun.

I heard the scuffle first.. and then saw the boys scrambling around to catch a bug.. "what is it?!" they called out.. They finally caught the little critter and put her on the picnic table. Daniel, Paul and David inspected her thoroughly.. I told them they'd caught a Katydid.
"You mean a grasshopper?" "No, she's not a grasshopper, but she does have some resemblance to one."


"Can we feed the chickens?!" "Of course!" and I went for some old stale buns I'd kept for just that end. No chickens were seen as we walked slowly toward the coop. Then one by one they came out of hiding, curiosity getting the best of them. Before long, Joyce had a number of them practically eating out of her hand. David liked to look at them, but did more throwing 'at' them to keep them at a distance.

The oak trees have acorns, I explained to David. He was very interested in the little balls under the leaves.

David wanted to watch a Veggie Tales movie, so Joyce and I headed for the kitchen and she single handedly whipped up a pan of snackin' cake. She frosted it with chocolate frosting and then added colored sprinkles on top. She does love decorating!
By the way.. the kids took home what they baked today- none for us, thank you. Daniel whipped up a pan of Jello (sugar free) for Papa.

Time to get ready to go home.. Paul has his brownies covered and ready to travel.

I stopped Daniel before he left and said.. "okay.. give me a big smile".. to which he replied "I just don't know why, but I don't know how to smile"..
I couldn't let them go without a couple pictures of Annabelle.. she has been learning to make funny faces.. I think her teeth are so pretty.

This must be her "mean" face... ?? heheheh.

After the kids left I finished reading a book in which I'd been engrossed. It's called EPICENTER.
Anyone else read it? Current events and the Bible- Ezekiel's vision. WOW. Interesting reading.

2 comments:

Jthemilker said...

Lovely photos. Looks like a wonderful afternoon.

Jemit said...

It was indeed a lovely afternoon. We had a wonderful time.
So glad the weather was nice and sunny.