Wednesday, October 24, 2007

100 DAYS

I made my call to Personnel (or Human Relations) today. I spoke to the head of the department... the person who will help me sail into retirement without any glitches. She is going to send me the final paperwork next week.I can't get the ball rolling until 90 days before I plan to be done finally. The day is set in stone now- January 31, 2008.. it's a Thursday. I don't work Wednesdays or Thursdays at the hospital, so my final days of work will be that last Monday and Tuesday of January.
She did a quick recheck of dates to make sure Wendell's COBRA insurance would get him to the next phase- Medicare. It does.. and now we are ready. Finances will be tighter after the first of the year, but we figure we won't be using the car much for the first few months anyway because it'll be the middle of winter.
Tonite was so busy and I'm so tired of it all. I kept reminding myself that I only have 101 days to go.. and that kept me afloat for the evening.

It's raining here yet.. all day a gentle soaking rain.. it's chilly too- 51 degrees and expected low is 46. I'll want to get my warm comforter out tonite to make sure I'm cozy. I'm off for the next 3 days and have no real plans except to keep my appointment tomorrow with my PCP for a checkup. I want him to take a good look at my shoulders. I'm still icing them every few hours. The left one is now worse because I'm not able to use the right arm for much of anything.. UGH.
It will get better. I just am so impatient.
Perhaps I'll get some apples locally and make an apple pie tomorrow? That sounds tasty. I'm waiting for John to buy the next round of cream cheese for a cheesecake. You reading this , John? Hahaha

It's time for bed.. Good night all.. more tomorrow.. and an update from Nancy in Idaho too.

No comments: