Sunday, October 21, 2007

ACUTE BURSITIS

THERE IS NOTHING "CUTE" ABOUT BURSITIS

Well it wasn't a dislocation even if it felt like it.. and I'm assured by my employer doctor with whom I spoke today that it isn't a torn rotator cuff. I had 2 more horrors .. 2 more acute events occur this morning. Wendell had to dress me and we were going to go to the hospital.. and then my doctor said not needed- it is actually an acute bursitis..and the requirements are thus:
Ibuprofen 800 mg 4x/day, prednisone 30 mg today, ice off and on throughout the day, rest with a sling to remind me not to use the arm.. and he says tomorrow I'll be good as new. If not, he'll inject it tomorrow morning.
In the mean time, I have some pretty good relief for the moment at least, but it can't be trusted.. so I'm being compliant.

No comments: