Wednesday, October 03, 2007

TAKING LIFE A BIT LESS SERIOUSLY


Some days you just have to take with a grain of salt. Yesterday was one of those days. I woke up feeling pretty good and looked forward with zest to the new day..

I had to stop at the pharmacy for my 2 new inhalers.. and then off to work. When I got to work I discovered my Nystatin bottle wasn't in my pocket. Now, this bottle is liquid medication for the thrush in my mouth , and I'm supposed to be using it 4x/day at least. I'd used it 3x already, but where was it? It's bulky and heavy.. it couldn't just disappear. So I called Wendell to have him look around. No.. he couldn't find it. Well... nothing I could do but go into work.

Work was frustrating in a way.. just a steady barrage of patients coming and going. I'm not complaining.. just stating the fact, for without patients, I have no job. But they came and went so fast I could bearly keep up. The last admission had me bummed at 11:17pm... and I was due to leave at 11:30pm. No night secretary last night, so I stayed and put the chart together.

I decided a nice hot cup of tea would help me unwind, but when the bell went off on the microwave, my tea water was icy cold yet. Hmmmm.. try it again... now I smelled something electrical.. and the appliance was making an odd buzzing sound. I turned it off and drank water instead..

It had been a day of just frustrating things happening... I was trying to cope. I got online and suddenly felt exhausted... so I planned to go to bed. That was when I discovered my bottle of Nystatin.. on the bed. Well... I laughed at how silly I was.. Now I remembered. I was calling my patients for Thursday's office.. and it was in my way.. so I layed it on the bed. I guess I forgot I'd left it there

All my mountains seemed to crumble as I thought about the "catastrophes" of the day..
All of them were now 'bumps in the road'.. I laughed again and went to sleep.

No comments: