Friday, October 12, 2007

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING

When I was in elementary school we learned about the Nobel Prize. I remember this and have it ingrained in my memory (imagine that!). What we were told was that it was one of the highest 'world' honors bestowed on a person or organization for their outstanding accomplishments in a given area. It was something we should all look up to in awe.
RIGHT. I don't think so now that I'm older and hopefully wiser. It would seem that over the years it's become tarnished and given to some mighty strange folks. It has lowered our appreciation for the accomplishments it was meant for originally.
I suppose the whole world has gone this direction- these days we are bombarded with 'what is evil is good and what is good is evil'.
On a more positive note, this brings to mind Jesus who said "Rejoice! I've overcome the world".

You may find this Newsmax article interesting.

No comments: