Thursday, October 18, 2007

Well, not a LOT of news actually.. just my mind rambling along..
I was so tired yesterday, I couldn't bring myself to even blog. I'd had about 3 hr sleep the night before and just had a slow start on a busy day.
Wendell and I went out for brunch, picked up my scripts afterward at the local pharmacy, and then I stopped for a ream of computer paper at KMart. When we got to the grocery store, Wendell was about panicked with a GI problem facing him squarely. I took him back home.
Mandy volunteered to go with me to get the groceries and finish the shopping we needed to do.
She's off work right now since she had carpal tunnel surgery. She's done very well- hasn't needed any pain meds at all.
We found some super fantastic deals at the grocery store and then bought what we needed at the dollar store too.. mostly soaps- detergent, dish detergent, shampoo, shower soap, etc
We were going to wash the car, but it started to rain, and I was really weary.. so I'll be thinking about doing that next week some time.
Anyway, Mandy and I quickly froze the meats we'd found on sale.. WOW! We did get some really fantastic sale items.

Mandy had put some chicken in the crockpot at noon, and by 5pm, we were having supper together. It was a group effort. Wendell and I worked on the salads. Mandy's hand/wrist still has the Ace bandage on it.
After supper, I was making a BC order for Mandy and JJ when Mandy asked me to come and look at John's ankle. He had slipped and fallen earlier in the day (and later also). The grass was just slippery due to the rain we'd had and he had lost his footing.. By the end of the evening, Mandy took him into the ER because he couldn't bear weight on it. They are back at 4am, but I don't know what the verdict was- I'm guessing a bad sprain.

I never did finish the things I needed to do for the day, but that's okay- I have a little time today and on the weekend.
I did sleep like a rock by the time I got to bed. I had planned since breakfast to take a nap to help me along in the day, but it just never happened and the day raced by.
I was glad to have the day off from gainful employment, but I still had to work here.

106 days today I believe.. heading for double digits within the week !!! YIPPEE!!!!

Today is Thursday- office day. Pray for my patients if you would.. that they would do well with their infusions and that my expertise would be evident.
Gotta hit the shower!

No comments: