Friday, October 19, 2007

THURSDAY'S NEWS


It's morning. I did sleep well, but sometimes wish secretly that I could just sleep till noon. It wouldn't be a good idea because I'd have more stress afterward trying to catch up with all the morning chores.
Today is the last day this week of gainful employment. My weekend awaits and I think my bedroom needs addressed this Saturday. I am so far behind again.
Yesterday was a wonderful day in the office. I do have the best patients. They are such fun, and yet, I take my job of infusion nurse seriously. While I'm enjoying their stories and laughing with them all, I'm observing each one for the first hint of a reaction to the biologic that I'm infusing ~at all times ready to intercept a problem.
I pray for my patients regularly before they receive their infusions. I pray for my hands to do what is required with the least amount of pain for them too. I don't know why I have this skill, but it is honed and has provided an income for Wendell and me for many years. Working as a hospital secretary doesn't give me any opportunity for using it, but working in the office 1-2 days a week keeps me on top. It's something for which I thank the Lord.
Thank you too, for praying for me and for my patients too.

John is doing okay. He came home the other night with an air splint. No fracture, but badly sprained ankle. They gave him a set of crutches that fit him. Wendell's were good, but John is 6'3" and W's crutches didn't extend far enough for him.

It's supposed to rain again today. I've been wanting to wash my car, but see no point in doing so when it'll have mud all over it as soon as I'm done if it rains. Maybe Saturday.

I really need to shut down the computer and get to work here before I have to leave for the hospital.

No comments: