Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day

MERRY CHRISTMAS
TO ALL MY BLOGGER FRIENDS.

It's Christmas day.. finally it's arrived. It's also another day of gainful employment for me. I have to work today. After days of pure silence and quietude on my unit, last night I was slammed royally. I believe I had 7 admissions when all were counted. They came fast and furious. It was so hard to keep up. You may not agree with me, but I can tell you that the full moon has a certain amount of control over these days. Last night after having almost no babies at the hospital, the labor room suddenly took a surge and was overflowing with women in labor. I look at it as job security..at least for the next 38 days.
Yesterday Wendell and I had our own little Christmas and exchanged our gifts for each other. I was so thrilled to receive a warm and soft robe.. something I've wanted and really needed for some time. I have one, but when it's in the wash, I have none. Now I have 2. This one is soft pink and fleecy. Oh.. it's so lovely!!! My other package held a pair of fleece lined suede slippers. Oh.. boy! My feet are toasty this morning. I could wear these to work, they are that comfortable. They feel like I'm walking on 2" of supportive foam. Oh... lovely! Thank you dear hubby for these wonderful gifts!
I got him lounging pajamas..flannel. They fit him except for the length which will have to be altered. I also gave him 2 new long sleeved shirts and one short sleeved dress shirt. He had them on this morning.. one new shirt and the pjs.
We both needed some warm clothing. It's cold out~ 30 degrees.. not a flake of snow however. Not really a white Christmas.
Today we are headed for the grandchildren's home for another round of gift-giving. I can hardly wait! I have my name in for downsizing at work. I wonder if they will be able to give me even 4 hours off. I'd surely love that. So... now it's time for me to hit the shower and get dressed.
Have a super happy day.. Peace, love, and health to you all.

No comments: