Saturday, December 22, 2007

It's quiet. It's not quite 4am and I'm awake. I went to bed a little over 4hrs ago.. I woke up with my CPAP hissing loudly at me.. and with the desire for a hot cup of coffee. I may just have to make a pot.
Yesterday, true to prediction, I was so sore I could bearly walk. I took all the pain meds and muscle relaxers my body would tolerate and went to work. I was so tired .. drowsy all night, though none of the meds I took are the type that make one drowsy. But it all caught up with me and all evening long I felt like I could drop like a fly. It was quiet on my department all evening. NOT ONE ADMISSION.. that has to be some kind of record. Of course we are coming up on Christmas.. that could be why. Normally we would get a huge amount of patients from nursing homes at this time of year. Hmmm I wonder if there is a full moon? It was truly a 'silent night'.
Today I'm sore, but not as bad as yesterday..or maybe I haven't moved enough to know..??
Whatever, it's not as bad I'm sure. That's the way it should be.
I came home 1 1/2 hr early last night. I'm hoping for a half shift tonite so I can do some baking tonite too.
I think I'll go make some coffee..Stay warm..dry.. and greet everyone with a big smile.

No comments: