Sunday, December 23, 2007

UGLY ORNAMENT CONTEST

We have adopted the Ugly Ornament Contest from Keith's family.. It's a hoot. For $2 per ornament, one can enter their purchase. It can't be home made and must have the price tag on it. Then all the guests vote their choice on a ballot for the Ugliest and the Cutest..


John was the big winner this year with his "pine cone"
He looks happy eh?


Here's a close up of John's winner.. I thought it was sort of cute.


Keith's owl made it for Cutest at nearly 100%. He said it looked ugly on the shelf at the store, but really, it was a darling owl


This was my pitiful entry. It should have won.. it did get 2nd place. I think the contest was rigged. I placed my ornament carefully in front beside the ugly/cute pig, and when the voting was over, I noticed it was replaced on the back of the tree where it couldn't be seen easily.


Here is the official UO tree with all the entries..Behind the tree are some entries from other years.

No comments: