Thursday, December 20, 2007


I'm a bit stoved up tonite. I took a fall at the office this morning on the ice. It looked like a wet spot and I avoided any snow or ice that was obvious.. but I lost my footing on the black ice and went down on my face. Oh.. how embarrassing. Just as I fell, one of the men who works upstairs in the office was pulling in, stopped his car, got out and helped me up. All the little tractors I'd worked so hard on this morning for the girls in the office were in pieces all over the walkway. Totally destroyed. The doctor's tin had a big gouge in the side where I fell on it, but the tractors were okay inside.
I think I'm okay..but I'm very very sore at the moment. Mostly my arms that took the brunt of my weight. Strangely enough, my shoulders aren't any sorer than they were when I left home this morning. My back is pretty sore though..but I'll try a pain patch and take some medication before bed tonite.
I called Wendell right away and he brought me some clean clothes..I changed before my first patient arrived at 9am.
It was a good office day. All infusions were started on a first try except one.. one that is normally an easy start. I still don't know why I couldn't get it in that big vein. I got it on the 2nd try and then the rest of the day was a breeze. All patients did very well.
I started out tonite making chicken soup. It just feels like a soup night. But as I added ingredients along the way, I decided to make dumplings too.. and now it's more like chicken stew with dumplings.. but let me tell you it's most delicious.
So that's my tale of woe for the day.. I'm fine, patients did well, and I'm going to leave it at that.

No comments: