Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Just 7 days till Christmas.. oh.. fun!!!! Christmas is such a fun time of year if you do your shopping early and don't have to fight the crowds. I must say, there are a lot of shoppers out there.. The economy must be really good.
I went shopping today. I keep promising myself I won't go back into one major chain store, but I keep doing it. DUH! Some people never learn!
I got to watch a couple movies the other night.. Ratatoulle and Christmas Vacation. I did a lot of laughing. I need that about this time every year.
I'm scheduled to work Christmas eve and the day. UGH.. I'll spend a little time with the Blair grandkids on the day.. take them their gifts.. and then leave for work from there.

It's cold.. I'm cold. The temperatures are hanging in the low 30s for the most part. But it's still cold. Brrrrrrr.. No snow or ice makes me smile however.

Today I made 9 certificates for the grandchildren enrolling them in the 2008 Treat of the Month. I have been doing this for at least 3 years now, and it's a lot of fun. I included the babies this year anyway, even though Annabelle and Eli weren't born till January and March.
A piece of candy, stick of gum, or perhaps a new tee shirt? Rattles and chew toys for the babies. Just a remembrance monthly from their grandma. It usually involves a trip to the dollar store for a few items .. then a box for the NY kids and I give the local kids theirs the next time I see them. It's a fun thing to do.. they look forward to it and so do I.
AND.. it will be something to talk about when I'm gone from this world.. hehehe

Boy.. I'm hungry for strawberries.. fresh ones.. like the ones we bought along the roadside when we were in California.. ooooooo I can almost taste them now... yummy! Wish we could get them this time of year, but the only place that has them is the designer fruit place -Edible Arrangements. Fabulous fruit! Pricey, but always fresh and delicious!
I think I'd go for the bigger one if I were buying. Alas.. I don't think the budget will hold that. Besides, they won't deliver here.. perhaps at Vulhops?
Oh, well.. there is always spring to look forward to.. and 45 days from now, I shall be free as a bird! Sorta kinda..

I seem to be meandering all over the place here.. perhaps it's time for me to get ready for bed.
I'm off again tomorrow.. hooray! and have a few things to accomplish.. then whatever ......

Pray for our family.. a 6 cylinder van that is only working on 5.. not enough to carry a Mom and 5 little children..
Remember Barb.. pray for her healing.. (post stroke)..
Thank the Lord for all the wonderful things he's given you... family, home, food, and friends

No comments: