Sunday, December 02, 2007

CHRISTMAS HOUSES

We were looking for something crafty we could all do together today. We decided it was time to make Christmas houses. John, Mandy and I each made a house that actually reflects our personalities to a 'T'. I noticed that as I finished mine.
We each started with cardboard. I found a box and cut it, taped it, and shaped it the way I thought it should look.

Mandy and John used the glue gun a lot.. I used it at the end of mine, but prefer royal frosting to stick things together myself. The stuff oozes out and looks more like snow.
Mandy's house is a very reserved cottage. Simple and correct.. pastel and rich looking.
Her personality is just like that. John made a cabin and that's his personality. He wanted to put a sign outside that said "gone fishing".. that's John.

It's a start.. details would be supplied later as the houses took shape. Mine was more colorful than the others.. flambouyant and it seemed to be in motion.. That's my personality coming out!
I have to say, at the end, Wendell was giving me some pointers how to finish it- the eaves needed something.. and he was right there telling me how to correct my errors...Even Wendell's personality is reflected.
My house had all of our children in windows.. and grandchildren too..
Mandy's had a window with she and John looking out..

1 comment:

Wendy said...

They all looked really great...I am envious...I always wished that I could do a house with you all too...perhaps I will have to do one with my own family...though it is doubtful. I cant bear to waste all of that food...it just makes me cringe.