Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Let me wish all my blogger friends an early New Year wish.. It's right around the corner.. less than a week now. 2008.. Wow! Who would have thought I'd still be around? Heehehehe
And just 37 days until my gainful employment at the hospital comes to an end.. woohoo!!!
Getting closer.. inching closer every day. My last scheduled work day will be Jan 28.. Charlie's birthday and the beginning of the rest of my life.
This has not been a bad winter. It's 30 degrees again this morning. I slept in till about 9am after working last night. There is so much clean up to do here.. with all the running and working the last week, NOTHING has gotten cleaned up.. Sorry Mandy, John.. I'll get the kitchen in order today.
I'm off today of course. I feel like I've been hit with a truck. Anyone get his number? I think I just need to get myself moving. It's to be 46 and partly cloudy today. I love it! God is merciful to me. I pray the month of January will continue with the mild winter. We can enjoy the snow in February, which is the worst winter month normally anyway.
When I think of February, it always brings to mind the day that Wendell and I put my mom on a plane bound for California. The planes were coming in so fast and leaving even faster.. one after another.. there was a major snow storm beginning and it was a bad one. Before we got started back home from the airport, we had a major white out, and by the end of the afternoon, many inches of new fallen snow had arrived. We were glad Mom was safe in California with Uncle Bob.

No office this week.. no doctor available.. but we'll begin anew in the new year..Jan 3rd with a long list of patients awaiting their treatments.
Speaking of doctors, one of the doctors (whom I will probably miss) mentioned to me last evening that I didn't have my sign up with my 'count down'. I told him that one of my co-workers had been offended by it, and had the courage to tell me so, and that from that day, I stopped posting on my desk with the 5" numbers in vivid color. He thought I should continue posting it and that they should just 'get over it'. We all laughed, but it had a certain sadness to it when you consider that some people just can't joy in someone else's joy. That, and certain poor attitudes will not be missed.

So I'm ready to start my day.. almost dressed.. HELLO WEDNESDAY !!

No comments: