Tuesday, December 11, 2007

COUNTING DAYS


The Psalmist says 'teach us to count our days and set our hearts in the way of wisdom.'
I tend to do a lot of 'day counting' these days. Today is December 11 which means that it is exactly 14 days till Christmas. It always seems that the end of the year goes fast just after Halloween, doesn't it? Thanksgiving comes on it's tail and then~ BANG~ we have Christmas.
As if that isn't staggering enough, in just a mere 21 days, we will welcome in the year 2008 !
130 days seems like it would be a long time to await my next birthday, but it'll come so fast my head will be spinning. And in that few months span we will celebrate family birthdays for Annabelle, Daniel, Amy, Charlie, Paul3, Elijah, and Paul2! Wow! Lots of days to mark on my calendar to remember.
Oh... lest I forget to mention... 52 days today till I am fully retired from the hospital.. a day of true celebration.

2008 is a Leap year.. 29 days. How fun for those born on that day. They only gain one year every 4 years! HAH!
Keep counting your days!

No comments: