Friday, December 28, 2007

This morning the sun is really shining brightly. It's what I'd call a Beeeeaautiful morning! That was before I got out of bed.. It's still beautiful , but I can tell you without looking at the daily weather report that it's gonna rain. Yep..

My old internal prognosticator is flashing 'rain! rain! rain! this morning. If I didn't have to, I wouldn't go to work today. Alas.... just 35 days to go.. and not many days of gainful employment. It's what keeps me going these days.
I found myself in an odd position last week with some of the staff treating me with a rudeness I'd not experienced in all my years at work. I wonder what's up?! These people are supposed to be pleasant and compassionate.. leaving their troubles at home and giving support to patients.. and it should reflect in their relationships with other staff. Hmmm.. Probably the full moon, but even I didn't let that interrupt the smile I have. In fact, I smiled as sweetly as I could and when I was snipped at, replied with the most positive reaction I could muster at that moment. Not bad. I sometimes think the staff is too young and way too inexperienced and given way too much responsibility too soon. It seems to go to the head, and that makes for problems. I sort of like working with the ones who are pleasant and intelligent, and who take their job responsibly. They don't have to growl at another person to get the job done. They have control.
I never liked being 'in charge' of the big units. In fact, that was what lead to my back problems at the moment- that, and the arthritis that set in after. But the unwritten law of the department says that after a period of time, everyone now gets a shot at being the 'charge' for 50 cents an hour more than normal. To me, it's not worth it. I'm not a chief.. I'm an indian.
I like to go into work and do my job as my job description implies. I don't fall for the 'latest' scrubs, but prefer my own street clothes that are more comfortable topped with my old warm up jackets. I'd skip the jacket, but need the big pockets. I'm supposed to wear it anyway.
Well, just a few more reasons I won't miss my position there.
My coffee cup is about empty and I need a shower and to get dressed.
Have a wonderful day.. I'm going to aim in that direction.

No comments: