Thursday, December 13, 2007


To those who chose to uphold me today with prayer.. you are truly a blessing. At around 5am when we should have been in the worst part of the ice storm, I got a message from JJ that she had gone into work early and roads were just wet. This was verified at 7am by John who said my car was icy, but roads were quite drivable. I finally relaxed, got my gear together and went out to start my car. Indeed, it was encased in a layer of ice, but it was melting with the rain coming down at that moment. Not bad.. not bad at all.
All of my patients arrived safely also. They had wild tales to tell from up north of us where they live. Tales of icy roads and cars off the highway because they'd just slid off. But Butler was just wet. Thank you Lord for traveling mercy not just for me, but for the 7 people who made the effort to show up in the office today.
There is another weather advisory out tonite..but this one is for flooding. All the rain we had today has swelled the creeks and many are overflowing their banks. Driving will be hazardous.
I see there is snow in the forecast for Saturday..
I'm very tired tonite. Not much sleep last night. I'm heading to bed early tonite to catch up on a few hours.
50 days left till retirement..does anyone know how many days till spring?

No comments: