Tuesday, January 08, 2008




11am to 7pm today.. that's my gainful employment.. Not the nicest shift to work for sure. It ruins a perfectly good day in my estimation. I'm up at 6am getting ready to go, and then spend all day at work, arriving home by 8pm tired and ready for bed. No, I don't care for this shift at all.
There is an upside to it however, and that is that working it means I'm the extra person that day and the likelihood of being asked to stay home is very good. But it's not 'my day' to do what I please, for if they do ask me to stay home, it will be in 4 hour increments and I'd be on call for all those hours... have to be ready to go at the drop of a hat. At this point, I'd be glad for it anyway.
As the doctor told me yesterday.."your shoulders are going to ache a bit tomorrow".. and he was correct. Not enough to take the pain meds, but enough to be bothersome. He suggested resting them a day or so if possible, so I'm praying for the day off to do just that. We shall see in the next hours.

I'm enjoying crochetting.. My practice granny square has gotten out of control, and is now a little over 3' wide! I have the yarn to do a good bit more, bought on sale at a very good price, and actually had to buy Joyce a new skein of yarn to be able to teach her. Sandi has sent me more patterns which I want to try.. all are simple and that's what I need about now.. simplicity. I've seen pictures of her afghans, and they are quite elegant. Thanks, Sandi!!!!

Gotta get moving here.. time is of the essence.. I'm not used to getting ready for work in the morning except on my office days and that's a bit different from today.
Have a super day bloggers!

No comments: