Tuesday, January 22, 2008

DONE


10 days or not, it's all over and life can begin anew after today. I'm heading into the hospital because my boss had me promise I'd be there today for cake and lunch in honor of my retirement. But last weekend took a major toll on my shoulders, and I just won't be going back. So whether I have 10 days to the end or not, I can't continue doing my job. I've already given a 'heads up' to the staffing office, and I'll tell my boss today. I wanted to wait to see what happened today, if there was any possibility of improvement, but none is evident and I can't continue lifting charts or anything else for that matter until the shoulders heal a bit. For as much pain as there is in the left shoulder since Sunday, I would guess that the orthopedic surgeon is correct, and that it too is tearing. AAACCCKKKK!
What a way to start retirement.
One might think this is would cause me depression, but actually, I'm ecstatic about turning the page on my life. It's the most wondrous thing since P2 was born and all life changed for us dramatically. Just totally awesome! So no matter what is in the future for us, I'm standing back and watching what the Lord has prepared for me/us.
The rotator tear is in his divine plan for some reason, and though it causes me distress physically, I shall accept whatever He has in store.
Keep us in prayer please. And Amy, Vince, Nicki, Dave, Barb, Uncle Bob and Aunt MaryJane. Also Sandi who will be seeing her doctor today. Pray her dilemma is a bump in the road and nothing major.

No comments: