Wednesday, January 30, 2008



It's winter here in WPA.. we expect a snow storm to come through Thursday night.. ice, sleet, and snow. Nice. This blast won't last long if the weatherman's dartboard is correct. It's to be 35 Thursday, 37 Friday.. and who knows what the weekend will bring. It was a few months back as I recollect, that I started praying that my Lord would hold back the winter blasts until I was completely separated from the hospital. That happens tomorrow. I've been blessed with very good roads for driving all the days I've had to work so far this year. If I have to cancel appointments, it no longer goes on my 'permanent work record'..as a black mark against me.

Physical Therapy is doing some really good work on these shoulders of mine. I still require pain meds, but less often I believe. I'm able to do activities of daily living without too much discomfort, and when it hurts, I sit down and rest it. Ice does wonders. I pray I don't lose range of motion in my shoulders.. that's my real goal.

Tomorrow is office day and as usual, I ask that you remember to pray for my patients as they receive their biologics. Pray for no reactions, and that things will go smoothly. The office is plagued by viruses this past week. Pray they will all be back and healthy again. I'm told Sara got hit pretty badly this week..
Remember Barb, Nicki, Dave and Amy; Sandi, Aunt MaryJane, and Uncle Bob as they recuperate; Thank the Lord for the safe arrival of baby Frank G. whose new Gramma is my cousin Maureen.
And of course, I ask that you pray that the Lord would give me the skills and accuracy I need for tomorrow.
Pray for Cory and Wendy who are having some problems with the schools. Pray that right would prevail and that discouragement would be held back.

No comments: