Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chapter 3 Page 1


That's sort of what the PT said today. It was an awesome day for me. I feel so alive! It's so liberating to not have that schedule any more.
Last night I closed the chapter 2 of my life. Chapter 1 was all my childhood adventures. Chapter 2 was when I married Wendell and all our life together so far. Chapter 3 Page 1 started today for us enjoying retirement together. It was wonderful to be able to sleep in just because I wanted to , and then, I slept all night without waking even once! I got up feeling refreshed and relaxed and ready to start my life again. Ahhhh .... as soon as I finished my cup of coffee and enjoyed every last drop. It occurs to me that other than Wednesdays, I can have all the coffee I want after 8pm and who cares if I sleep in till 10am the next day?
PT.. I purposely scheduled it at 1:30 just in case I wanted to sleep till noon... hehehehe
But wait... all the pain of Monday and Tuesday seemed to be almost gone..just an ache left behind... no need for pain pills.. so I went in. The PT was hard pressed to find all the sore spots that were screaming in agony on Monday and still restless and angry on Tuesday. Today they were all minor aches.. and I learned something else too.. Usually in the quietude of PT, I fall asleep while the TENS and Ice are on my shoulders.. I am normally exhausted and welcome the sleep. Today, I had already rested and when the lights went out and the door was shut and it was quiet and restful, I decided that instead of sleeping, I'd spend the entire session praying for everyone I could think of. It was soooooo good!!! When the time was up, I wasn't done, but promised myself another session like that in a couple of days when I'm back there. I guess this was a good plan and productive.
I stopped for the last couple of grocery items we needed, and was back home with a 'kick' in my step! I had made ham and bean soup for supper and bought a loaf of crusty Italian bread to go with it. No, it's not good for the diet, but it was cold and it fit the bill for today.
So what of the other parts of my day? Well, the office preparations were made, all patients called and verified, and Kathy will come in at 8am to get things started tomorrow morning. I'll be going in at noon to continue and relieve her. It's a light day.. 8 patients.
I spent a couple of half hour sessions working on the present afghan. It's looking so pretty. I'll be posting a picture of the progress very soon.
Oh, and I stopped at JoAnn fabrics to get some matching yarn to the bunch the secretaries gave me yesterday. I used my gift card and still had $3 left!
I had decided NOT to buy any more yarn until I finished one project, but I carried that afghan everywhere with me, and every time I had a couple of minutes, I'd add a couple of rows. It's too big to do that now, and getting a little heavy for my shoulders, so I talked to Wendell and we decided it would be okay to get the yarn and I'd go ahead and work on a granny square afghan when I'm out and about. I'll be making the individual 5" squares. I made one today just to see how it would go.. and I'm pleased. So the little one when I go out, and the big one when I'm at home.
On to the rest of the evening.. things are almost under control in the kitchen.. but there are hot spots all over the place. I can't get to them all tonite, but I'm not going to stress over them.. I'll get to them later.. maybe Friday or Saturday.. whatever! hehehe.. I'm retired, ya know?

No comments: