Monday, January 28, 2008

DRY RUN FOR GMC


I decided to do some baking today.. It's been such a long while and I do love to bake. These are the childrens' rolls they made by themselves. They asked for knives and cookie cutters.. and then used their imagination.


John likes my cheesecake and when I get the chance, I bake one just for him. Today I started the baking with a big cheesecake and after Joyce put the topping on, a couple of boys wanted to lick the beaters.. Cool Whip and Cream cheese with a little powdered sugar ..

Mmmmmmm YUMMY!


Joyce and I started with the braids.. they came out super nice.
Daniel made the donut in the back, and also the snowman on the right.. That snowman was sooooo cute!


Joyce topping her Uncle John's cheesecake


P3 was making designer doughnuts..


Daniel used a rolling pin to get the dough flat. He also made a braid, but it came apart in the baking process. I think it needed to be tighter.
I also made an apple pie on Wendells behalf, and about a dozen cinnamon rolls.. oh... yummo..


David liked the diamond shapes and Joyce helped him cut them.. They puffed up so big and fat when they were done.


Ironing out the dough..


AHA! You thought Annabelle was too little to bake? she got right up on the pastry board and helped herself to a little piece of dough.. watched Joyce place her piece on the baking tray, and did likewise. It raised, baked.. and Annabelle had made her own little supermini bread. Cute!
Poor Annabelle got totally floured on the board, but she didn't seem to mind.
The children ate apples as I peeled them for the pie.. and watched StarWars ..

No comments: