Sunday, January 27, 2008

According to my PTP.. that's Picnic Table Prognosticator which is 50 times more accurate than any meteorologist's dart board.. we have about 3+ inches of snow. I have to give them credit though.. they were close this morning calling for about 1" of snow.. we got at least 1 1/2" of new snow which came down very fast and furious. Cars are covered in it.. but the temperature is on the rise. They called for 26 degrees as the high.. it's already 30.
It was disappointing to me to miss church with as many thoughts going on at the same time.. so many things to consider.. snow, ice, icy porch and walkway just to name a few. I was thinking this morning about how we never let a little snow or ice stop us from going anywhere. But these days, I can't pick him up and he can't help me up either. What a pair!!! Even just a little twist in the wrong direction would incapacitate us for a week or more. Growing old is definitely not as fun as retirement.. oh, no no no..Retiring is a hoot.

It'll be a quiet day. The Z's have a roast on for tonite, and I will plan something for myself.. likely chicken based, but possibly some soup. I do love my soups. I'm getting better at making them too. For some reason home made soups are so much tastier. They don't take much to prepare, and are so filling.

Tomorrow is a big day. Lots of things to do in the morning and then in the afternoon, the children are coming and I plan to make bread .. they can help. We shall try our hand at cinnamon rolls, braids, and just shaping the breads. Yummy! This is a craft that all the children but Annabelle can do easily.
One of these days we should try making home made noodles.. yummy! My mother used to make them and they are soooooo easy.

Off to get lunch.. have a quiet and worshipful day..

No comments: