Wednesday, January 09, 2008



We are on that downhill slide with weather again.. good bye January thaw, hello winter again..
It's 42 right now and the high will be 45.. it's only 9am.

I'm not scheduled for gainful employment today.. and it's probably just as well. I have made my PT appointments for next week and am anxious to get started. PT is wonderful. These dedicated folks know just what to do and how when muscles and joints are not where they should be.

Today I see the dentist one more time to begin work on a crown. The root canal will be first. I don't fear root canals any more. My experience over the past few years has been that though they are an inconvenience time-wise, they aren't what I'd call painful. This one will be a simple one, and take about an hour today. There is new thought on antibiotic prophylaxis for dental procedures.. I think I mentioned that once before.. that many dentists aren't offering SBE Prophylaxis. My PCP says I will take the abx prior to any minor possibly invasive procedures. He thinks that decision was hasty and not proven. So I will be taking a whopping dose of my amoxicillin an hour before I go for my appointment.
My insurance will cover this for the most part- the crown, that is. I usually end up paying around $100 over a couple of months, so it's not a bad deal at all. I'd like to get this done prior to my retirement when all the numbers on insurance will change, though the insurance coverage won't change.
Concern for vision coverage the first of next month led us to change our appointments to March to just make sure all was in place and ready to go when we went for our eye exams. The exam and the insurance change was just too close. We have excellent coverage as far as I can see..(no pun intended).. Comprehensive exams, lenses, and frames.. all covered, though frames are given a dollar amount we can spend. I've found frames that I like without going over the amount. It's generous.

There is much to do today... sore shoulders or not.. I'll be moving a little slower, but will have shining sinks and clean commode, and tidied up. I plan to follow the 15 minute declutter sessions as soon as I can get my arms moving.. hehehe.. 'the spirit is willing, but the body is weak'.
I've made a decision to have a good day despite shoulders and back and dentists.. I look to you all for prayer support in this.



No comments: