Saturday, January 05, 2008

and the number for today is...


That's the number for today..
Chilly here.. 35- hovering over the freezing point. One really can't tell except it's cold.
The weekend has arrived.

There was a glitch in my retirement information. UGH.. but it won't be a major obstacle. The paperwork they sent had my birthdate wrong..totally.. not even close. When I called in to find out what the scoop was, we also determined that the paperwork they sent me was for someone who was applying for straight COBRA insurance and not the bridge insurance that I was supposed to have. It was a matter of about $500 more per month we would have been paying after I retired for our medical insurance. So new paperwork is being issued and this should straighten out the problems.
If that's the only problem we have, it can be considered a 'bump in the road'.
John is helping us with our new budget. It's gonna be a little tight for a while till we get organized, but it'll work with God's help and His blessing.

I had my first 'gas pump shock' yesterday when I filled the tank on our car. It's a little car, and when we first bought it, it took $9 to fill it on an empty tank. Yesterday, it was over $25 !!!
YIKE!!! And the tank wasn't empty! My little Honda gets super gas mileage thankfully..no gas hog here.

I was thinking that we should have our first NY resolution as
1. following the budget carefully
Sounds like a good idea, eh?

On to the day.. time to hit the shower!




No comments: