Wednesday, January 16, 2008

MY LATEST CRAFT....

You won't believe this, but since NY day, I've completed 2 afghans. It all started when Joyce asked me if I knew how to crochet. "Well, I haven't done it for about 20 yrs, but , yes, I guess I do know how". She asked me to teach her. Just what gramma do you know that wouldn't be thrilled and honored to pieces to teach her grand daughter to crochet? I accepted and we made plans to get the yarn and hooks and set a date for her first lesson.
After about a week, I realized that I hadn't picked up a hook for a long time, and maybe I just didn't remember.. so my friend Sandi who teaches crochet and is active in Hugs and Stitches, offered advice and information. I got the beginner crochet book she suggested and yarn and a variety of hooks. I got myself some yarn too, and planned to test myself to see if I really could remember. I guess I did. It all came back to me and within a few days, I'd made a granny square out of control.. I gave it to Amy for her birthday but had forgotten to take a picture of it.
So today while I was keeping the children, I snapped a couple of photos of the afghan...



Pictures of afghans always need a cute little kiddo in the middle of them, don't you think?

I had yarn left over and since Annabelle liked her mom's so much, I decided to make one for her too.. This time I made it in 3 days.. It's an elongated granny afghan and has no fringe..
I'm really proud of the way they came out.
Joyce has scarlet colored yarn and I gave her her first short lesson today.. she is now learning to single crochet. What I saw was good. I told her to tear it all out and start over with a longer chain and then single crochet that piece. I'd be back to help her turn the work and continue.
When she gets going on it, I'll post pictures..


1 comment:

Wendy said...

BEAUTIFUL...makes me want to pick up a crochet hook and bug Corys Mom. (to help me I mean...not poke her!)