Thursday, January 24, 2008


Wendell and I have been enjoying soups lately..the one we had for dinner last night and tonight too is the ham and bean with slices of crusty white bread.. Oh.. so delicious!


Tonite I also made some chicken noodle soup for Amy and family and for Jane since she has a bad cold. It's very likely the ultimate best soup I have made yet.. I tasted it and it's superb!

Today we had snow. Most of the roads I traveled were not bad, but our backroads made my car slide.. the entire car on ice! I made only one good decision.. to make God the pilot and I'd be the copilot. I got home safely. Thank you Lord.
The snow continued to fall through this evening and we now have about 2-3 inches of it. So much for the weatherman who assured us all that we'd get less than 1" today. Uh-huh. He either needs a new job or a new dart board.

Even the snow and icy roads has not broken my spirit. I'm still walking on air (it's much safer than ice).. After a hot bowl of soup and bread, we sat down to talk about what we did today.
It was another wonderful one.. I hope this keeps up forever. I asked Wendell if I'd told him lately how very content I felt.. He said "no... unless you count the 12 mentions since you walked in the door tonite".. well, I am quite content and it feels so good.
I sat on the bed and pulled up the afghan I've been working on and added 6 more rows. It's almost big enough to cover the top of the queen sized bed. I'm getting low on yarn so I figure another 12 rows and I'll call it quits.
I'm already planning in my head what I will do for the next afghan.. red white and blue for our guest bedroom once our new home is built? Or maybe one for Isaac?.. Esther? Gayle? Eli?
Boy, I could just keep on ... Daniel? Paul? Joyce? David? The grandchildren alone could keep me busy for the next 5 weeks.
Happiness is being retired with a basket of yarn and a crochet hook...

No comments: