Friday, January 04, 2008

Having a cup of coffee here.. I like that in the morning. It's a chilly one today. 18 degrees at the moment.. but no snow, so I'm a happy camper here!
I'm also happy because today marks 28 days till I'm terminated at the hospital. And.. only 12 of those are gainful employment days.. Getting closer.
Smiling all the way.. at least so far. I don't believe it will change..
Today is one of those days, and when it's over, there will be only 11 days to go.
Even though my official day is January 31, my last official day to work will be January 28, so it's really much closer than I mention above- more like 25 days.
I am content as long as there is no big snowstorm arriving.

This is also my weekend to work. UGH.. Soon, very soon, I will have all my weekends to do the things that I desire to do .. like going to church for instance. As I think about it, there will be 1 more weekend I'll have to work.. and then no more!!

I have to say that I've been considering NY resolutions, and can't come up with any good ones that I can decide on- too many changes coming up, and I don't really know how things will be.
I do know that my days are much more pleasant knowing I will have the time I've always wanted. It seems like my entire life has centered around a hospital schedule. Indeed, no matter what plans I have had for the past 30 years.. it's all been a matter of checking the schedule to see if I had to work or not.

Joyce wants to learn to crochet. She's asked ME to teach her. I am so honored. So yesterday I stopped on my way home from the office and bought her hooks, yarn, and a book to instruct. I haven't picked up a crochet hook for many many years, but I figured I'd better 'brush up' on it if I was going to teach someone else.. so I bought myself a skein of yarn too, and last night made a granny square 12" x 12".. just to refresh my memory. It's amazing how my fingers remembered how to do the stitches with just a little coaxing.
Who knows, I may just get 'into' this again myself and end up with a new sweater or an afghan for our new home.
My friend Sandi is the 'crochet queen' and she actually teaches a class to others to help them get started. You can check out her blogsite , Hugs & Stitches. You can see how many scarves, mittens, hats and the many afghans she and her group make for the homeless. Amazing and wonderful things come from this group of women- and all for charity. They do take donations of yarn, but request no wool yarns. So if you have a store of it and don't know what to do with it.. let me know.. I'll get it to them. It all goes to a worthy cause.

Gotta get a move on .. things to do.. places to go... people to see.. phone calls need made this morning and the morning is fast passing me by.


No comments: