Friday, January 18, 2008



We had a very successful day yesterday in my estimation and in everyone else's eyes too. 15 patients got their treatments started before 1pm. Two had minor reactions that were quickly quelled in the end, but it was a very good day.
In all good plans, there is usually one glitch. We had a minor one yesterday when the parking lot got so full that the staff had to move their vehicles to accommodate the patients. Well, if that's all the glitch we had, then so be it.
Thank you for praying for us.
Next week won't be quite so large, but the good thing is that we now know we can do it and do it well. Kathy and I work hand in glove together in every way. It's so encouraging to have someone work with you who loves the work too.
I'll be sad when I have to retire from this place of employment.

When I got home last night, I was greeted by 4 little kiddos. It was a delight. They watched Star Wars .. again. They really love those movies. David lost interest mid way and he and I went searching for some toys to entertain. We found a couple of tractors, and a teether for Annabelle. She liked it and took it home with her. She has a new tooth coming through and I'm certain this teether felt good on her gums.

I made broccoli cheese soup for Wendell and me for supper. It was delicious. We are leaning toward soups these cold winter days. Good thing we both love it!

Today is another super busy day. After a restful night's sleep, I got up at 6am to get started. I'll be really tired at the end tonite. Physical therapy at 10am this morning, then the completion of a root canal and the start of the crown at 3pm, followed by an Office Employee Appreciation dinner tonite at 6:30pm. Fortunately, the restaurant is near home.
My last weekend to work is this weekend coming up. AMEN. I've had enough weekend work that keeps me from going to church regularly.
I thank the Lord for providing the steady hospital work for us for over 33 years. It was truly a blessing and met needs throughout those years. He also opened the office door for us about 5 years ago, and this appears to be a booming position if one looks at the number of patients I had when I started, and the fact that the doctor told me not to quit my hospital position, as he didn't know whether he'd keep the infusion program going or not. I believe I started with around 20 patients then, and it's grown from there. It's over 60 now, and the scheduling is sometimes difficult due to the sheer number of persons who want the treatments.
My prayer is that it will continue until I reach retirement age. Like Wendell, I've found my ideal employment at the end of my career.

Charlie's birthday is the 28th. I've been trying to think of a gift for him. Not sure just what we'll get him. Christmas we got him a new pair of work gloves with a gift certificate for the local hardware store inside. We'd like to give him something useful and unique for his birthday.

I've begun a new afghan. It's variegated browns, ecru, and chocolate brown. Really pretty looking so far. When I sit down, I can do a little crochet. I don't sit down often, but the pattern is so nice to work with, and it goes fast adding about a half inch every round. I won't be able to buy all the yarn I want in the future , but I'll spend MY allowance doing just that. I have really enjoyed getting back into this craft. This one is an elongated granny designed for an adult. Little Paul watched me stitching last night and asked what I was making. I told him it was an afghan for my bed.. "Oh... I don't think it will fit" he told me. Well, I'm just getting started I giggled. It's about 2 1/2 feet long now and 12" wide.
I have plenty of yarn to go, so it'll actually be a good bit larger when I'm done. Our bed is queen size, so it will have to be a bit larger.

On to the shower.. much to do today!





No comments: