Sunday, May 07, 2006

10:50 pm

What a lovely day it has been today. No glitches to keep us from worship, and though it was a tad chilly, the sun shown brightly. We were able to attend church this morning finally. It felt like being back home again.

I took a short walk today up to the garden to check the asparagus- the frost last night got them pretty good. All the stalks were a funny color and when I tried to snap them, they went to mush in my hand. There was a lot there to lose, but more will come in its place in a few days.

JJ and Keith dropped by for a visit, and to drop off our laundry. It's hard to know how to say thank you when someone looks out for you in this way.. but ..... thanks... you are so appreciated... and I'm glad we have time to chat.
Keep up the great work, Keith.. we are proud of you! You'll be a manager one day of your own shop- I feel sure of it.

I stopped over to see Becky the office manager and also a cousin today too. We had such a lovely visit. Lots to talk about.

Besides the normal chores that have to be done, I took the big trash can to the road for the first time tonite. It's heavy !! But it's done. I got Wendell's work clothes out for him and got little jars of fruit and sugar free pudding ready for his lunch tomorrow. It'll be his first day back.
I pray he'll do all right.

I am also scheduled to work tomorrow, but the odd shift 11am-7:30pm. It takes such a chunk out of the day. I asked to be downsized for that day or half a shift. They may not need me, and I'd be 'on call' for them, making time for me to get more done here. Spring cleaning has just begun, and already I'm looking for time to do it. With Nell going to Mississippi for the funeral, I am hoping to fill in for her on Tuesday and/or Wednesday this week + my Remicade day in the office. It'll be a crazy busy week.

Wendell is already in bed and probably sleeping.. I should do the same. So I 'll say goodnight to all my blogger buddies.. sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite!
Keep us in prayer please.......

No comments: