Wednesday, May 31, 2006

TUESDAY

Hot hot day.. Cory and Isaac left for school and we girls got ourselves ready to go to lunch with Anna and her children.
Anna and Matt have the most beautiful home. So many interesting things to look at.. but the thing I loved looking at most was baby Nathan- and I wasn't alone. Gayle grinned all over and her comment about him was "He's sweet!" Nathan is a mere 2 months old. Esther couldn't take her eyes off him either and as we sat beside him as he slept contentedly, she confided in me that she was going to have a baby at her house just like Nathan.. Wendy would be surprised to hear the news. I asked her what she would name this new baby and she said "Nathan". I thought it might be a little confusing with 2 Nathans.. but she assured me that THIS Nathan would be called "Buddy"... I'm sure Anna would be amused to hear this.
The time went by so swiftly and soon it was time to go to pick Isaac up from school ..
Hot hot day... Cory said the temperature was officially 101 degrees.. I'd believe it.
We came back to the house here and watched Harry Potter with Isaac. Not as bad as I expected.. not much more than The Princess Bride that I loved.
Cory got home and we were off to T-Ball with Isaac on the Conklin team. Unfortunately, after all the buildup, thunder roared and clapped, and Cory sent us back to the car when he saw the 2nd lightening bolt close by. Shortly thereafter, the game was cancelled due to the lightening.
It would be much later when the rain came down hard.
Cory set up fans and the AC,and we finally cooled down some. Wendy and I put the BC neckwraps in the freezer and everyone loved them.
We gave the kids cold cereal for supper to avoid heating up the stove.. and we nuked hot dogs for us later on. No one was very hungry... might have been the stop at the ice cream place on the way home from the TBall field???
Having a wonderful time.. gotta run.. Esther's school is having a fair today and we have to leave soon.

No comments: