Monday, May 15, 2006

LOVELY THOUGHTS


"Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8 NLT

You are what you eat. Garbage in- garbage out... simple. I think that's why I don't watch TV- it seems like there isn't ANYTHING worth my time and that is edifying. It wears me down trying to evade the everyday smut I happen to catch while walking through a room with the television on. It offends me.
On a rare occasion I will sit down and view part of a program, but usually I get up before it's over. Others handle this a lot better than I do- I just prefer to hear and do things that are 'true, honorable, and right'. Even the news is hard to swallow, and so I avoid watching that too.
You may think I'm an oddball, but I prefer things this way.
I've been reading the General Minutes of the North Union Reformed Presbyterian Church. The funny thing is that though the year is 1898, you would think it was today. Descriptions of "signs of the times" are so much like our news. It would appear that nothing has changed.

It's a soggy day- my first day off in a week, and I'm planning to do some cleaning. Where to begin? I don't seem to be able to walk into the living room except on one path- and no one can sit down there. We are in a transition here with John and Mandy "redoing" upstairs, so things kind of have to settle somewhere for the moment- till they can find a permanent place. They have been working hard on the upstairs clean-up. Good job! so far, so good.

Wendell has gone to work at the park- his second week beginning today. He seems so happy to be a part of the workforce again. He's still on light duty restrictions, and the guys there watch out for him making sure he complies.

That's about all for today. Stay dry, smile, and keep praying!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»