Saturday, May 20, 2006

NOT GAINFULLY EMPLOYED TODAY

" God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof." Psalm 46:1-3

I was thinking this morning about Armed Forces Day- it's today. It is a day that we set aside to pay tribute to the men and women of our nation who protect and defend our nation. This verse came to mind as I made the previous post. It is God who defends and is our refuge and strength. He works through our military and keeps us safe. What a merciful and awesome God. Our praise should be nationally directed to Him.

It was a busy evening on Friday at the hospital. We seemed to have discharged about 50%+ of our patients, and then suddenly admitted even more. It's like that on Fridays. There is a real trend.
I am doing well with my foot problem. There is some discomfort and I tend to guard it when I walk, but the swelling is all but gone. It presented no problem at work. Wendell says this morning that his knees ache- I would assume it is from all the soggy weather we have had this past week. Today looks sunny and I hope it lasts. We could use a dry day.
We are both off this weekend.
It occured to me that in just over a week, I'll be on my way to see the Valentines and spending time with them over Memorial Day. Oh, I'm so excited to see them again. It's been since Christmas I believe that we visited last. Then, I'll be coming home via Maryland after visiting with the Schneiders there for several days. Though we communicate daily, it's been about a year since I've seen them. I pray God will provide all that I need for this journey. Mandy and John will be helping Wendell where he needs assistance here at home, and he has encouraged me to go ahead with the plan to travel next week.
Isaac will be 6 in a couple of days. I'm sorry to miss his wildlife birthday party, but I'm so happy to be going to their house- I'm taking brownie makings for all of them and hope to make them together. I'll be taking craft supplies too, and we should have a great time.
It will all end way too fast.
My coffee cup seems to be empty. I think I 'll get a refill and then get started on the day.
Keep us in prayer. We need this each day and are so aware of your remembrance of us.
Remember Dieter too. His surgery went well and he's home recuperating.

No comments: