Sunday, May 28, 2006

TODAY IS THE DAY!

"Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105

Today is the day I will begin my journey across Pennsylvania to see my grandchildren and, of course, their parents. The anticipation is all I can stand. Everything has fallen into place so well, and I thank the Lord for blessing me in this way.
The hospital sent me home early last evening. With the many call-offs, there was not enough nursing staff to cover admissions, so our census was a meager 10 patients when I arrived at 3pm, and I admitted 3 more before leaving at a little after 7pm. They said the ER was 'hopping' and they needed our beds, but you have to have staff to take care of those folks too.
They had an extra secretary, and she wanted to work last evening, so she replaced me. It was all good. I came home and cleaned out my car, vacuumed it and got rid of a lot of trash I should have disposed of months ago.
This extra time off gave me opportunity to do the little things I would have had to do today before leaving. I'm nearly done packing, and just have to put things together and in my car.
I'll be packing my little cooler and eating my lunch on the way.

Please remember to pray for safety for me as I travel, but even more, remember Wendell as he'll be 'on his own' for the next week. Mandy is on the daylight shift this coming week, and will be able to make evening meals- awesome how God works things together for good, eh?
It was a major concern to me that Wendell would not eat sandwiches for every meal while I was gone. I'm so thankful for John and Mandy who are here and helping us.

Today my destination will be the Valentine Cottage on the lake. I'm meeting them there, and we'll go to their home later in the evening. It'll be about a 6-7 hour drive.
Have a beautiful day everyone....enjoy the Sabbath.

No comments: