Tuesday, May 23, 2006

MEMORIES AND TRAVELING MERCY

"For he will put his angels in charge of you, to guard you in all your ways. They will bear you up in their hands, so that you won't dash your foot against a stone." Psalm 91:11-12




Good morning... it's nearly noon and I'm just beginning my blogging for the day.
I'm planning a trip next week. I need some traveling mercy- I'm making this trip alone. Wendell has to work. I had planned for us both to go to Valentines when I asked for this vacation time back in February. Looks like I'm going solo. It's okay- I've done it several times before.
It reminds me that 6 yrs ago, my Mom and I made this trip together when Wendy was expecting Isaac. What a great trip that was! The day after we got there, I drove Wendy to her doctor appointment and had to return with just Mum, as Wendy had to be admitted right then.
That night Cory spent his time at the hospital with her and Mum and I played Scattergories into the wee hours of the morning at their house, waiting for word that Isaac had arrived. We were so tired and giddy and Mum cheated all the way using the same card over and over till I realized what she was doing (not on purpose- we were just so exhausted- neither of us had a clue that it had happened until well into the game.) We laughed till the tears rolled down our faces and our sides split ! I have such wonderful memories of that trip.
On the day they brought Isaac home, Mum and I decorated the yard with streamers and signs to welcome them. We had blue balloons in the house and streamers there too.. we made it as festive as we could on the spur of the moment. The picture above was taken the day they arrived- 4 generations.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Was Isaac ever really that tiny????

Wendy said...

I am glad that you were enjoying yourselves while I was hard at work! :)