Wednesday, May 17, 2006

CHRISTMAS 2002

Mandy and I like to make candy houses around the holidays. These two houses were our masterpieces for the year 2002. We haven't done any since. I had so much trouble with mine- the windows kept falling off and then using wafer cookies for siding was a mistake too- layers fell off every time I turned my back and wouldn't stay in place. My chimney was made of caramels- a lot of work unwrapping those little candies. But the best part was when I finished the front door and left my house on the table to harden up- and when I came back, I had a frosted pane in it left by one of our chocoholic cats!!
The woodpile at the left was Twix I think. I can never be certain- this was NOT one of my better houses.. for sure.
This little cabin was made by Mandy- it was peanut brittle siding.. quaint, don't you think?
Her doors were made of Twix and I don't think she put any windows in hers... hmmm
Her's was perfect otherwise.
Maybe we can try again this year..?? Anyone up to a challenge? We can have others vote for their favorite..?? or something??

No comments: