Thursday, May 18, 2006

FEELING SOGGY- AGAIN

I try not to complain too much about the rain because we had such a mild winter with so little snow, and then as April arrived, we had more drought condition than anything, and prayed for rain.
But I'm feeling soggy this morning. The weather seems to affect all my joints and I am sore before I get started. (Oh, woe is me...hehehe) Sounds like I'm whining- I guess I am.
Yesterday Wendell tried to spend his day at the park running the lawn tractor- mowing grass. It's about useless to try at this point. The grass doesn't cut nicely, and then you risk getting the tractor wheels stuck in the muck from high water levels in the ground. Well, no complaints here, I suppose- at least we have water now. It's about the same here at home- grass is getting so beautifully green, but there is so much ground water that the lawn mower will leave ruts in the yard. Oh, well, we'll have other days.
It's 6am and Wendell just left for the park and I am gettng ready for my morning at the office.
My main concern is not what will transpire there, but for how I'm going to accomplish it with a foot that refuses to reduce the swelling leaving me with a shoe on, but not tied; and balance that is off a tad by swollen toes. Hmmmmm Should be an interesting day. Then there is the matter of the few items I need to get at the grocery- tough walking, but at least I can function with my 2 legs and I'm thankful for that.
Plans are in the working for a picnic for John and Mandy. Keep watching the blog for information on when and where and other details of importance.
Take time to remember Dieter this morning as he goes into surgery for his knee. He says he will be home by this evening, so maybe a call tomorrow might be in order. Just remember to pray for his healing and the surgeons who work on him.
Now I'm off to get my breakfast and complete my paperwork for the day. I have Kathy coming in this afternoon for the PM patients, and I thank the Lord for that. It was planned several weeks ago.
Jane came down yesterday and got the asparagus. I never made it to the garden. She had quite a lot, so she can share it or keep it, whatever. I'm just thankful for her willingness to come and get it.
Have a fabulous day- thank the Lord for the rain- and remember to pray for us too.. we are needy and covet your few moments of mention on our behalf before the Lord.

No comments: