Tuesday, May 02, 2006

NOT ALL FISH ARE EDIBLE.......

As is our habit, we have been eating fish at least 3 times a week since Wendell's surgery in late March. I actually enjoy Tilapia. It's not fishy tasting or smelling. I have this habit of baking it in milk and that takes all the 'fishiness' out of it. Tonite I went for groceries- and bought that which was on sale- Perch. I should have known to spend the money on the fish we both love, but I opted for the sale. Now it wasn't THAT bad, but it wasn't what I was expecting either. It just had a fishy odor before I opened the freezer wrap on each piece, and then , when it was cooked, it had a very definite fishy taste. I was glad I gave the larger portion to Wendell. (hehehe) Live and learn.
The rest of the meal was truly delicious- fresh steamed broccoli and asparagus from my little patch up near the end of the garden. We had potatoes too- wedges fried in olive oil- lightly, of course.
I bought gas today too- my tank was nearly empty, and another trip to Butler would be the last.
I stopped at the 7/11 on the top of Armco Hill where I'd noted last night the price was less than anywhere else... $2.95/gal. They now have you pre-pay before you pump gas. I should have seen that coming. When I bought my little Honda several years ago, I loved the fact that I could fill the tank for less than $12 when it was empty. Now, at a quarter of a tank, I put $20 in and it didn't quite register full. Whew! What do others do with larger tanks?
I overheard a conversation at work the other night where the one person said it costs them over $100 to fill their tank! YIKE! Surely that must be a motor home. I didn't hear the entire conversation.. just the $100 part.
Onward to the evening now..... have an enjoyable one- and don't buy the smelly fish! Yechhh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the $100 was just an SUV. My van would cost $75 currently to fill it when empty.
Been through that last time gas was $3+ a gallon.

Jthemilker said...

I stand by my motto... "You shouldn't eat anything that smells bad!"

Anonymous said...

Be thankful you're in the east. In Idaho unleaded has reached $2.87. took 30.00 to fill it 3/4. Diesel is now 3.99.. yes it 'kills' the hundred dollar bill. We thank God that He provides only as we need the fuel.
BTW perch is ok.. All He provides is good to eat!
Have a blessed day worshipping our Lord tomorrow.
Congrats on your new son in love.
Socks