Tuesday, May 02, 2006

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY

"I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will praise You. " Psalm 22:22

The sun is shining this morning. It's a most beautiful spring day.
There is much to do here.. more cleaning, preparing for Wendell to return to work next week. I'll have to locate his work clothes and have him try them on to see if he needs to have them replaced or use the ones he has.
I don't hear the roosters crowing this morning. I know Charlie was planning to get rid of them, I guess he did. Odd not to hear them welcoming the new day. He's got a couple of hens sitting on a nest- yes, that's right - on the same nest.. there must be 30-40 eggs under them, and they can't cover them all. I don't suppose half of them will hatch, but they try.

It was a very busy evening at work yesterday. Many discharges leave beds open for admissions, and in the evening is when that happens. After a very quiet weekend, I was slammed with admissions last evening. The first one was a post op patient with 14 full pages of orders! That's a record for me. I always think of 6 pages as being a lot. Well, this one topped them all. It took over an hour to complete- a tedious task. The nurse that checked my orders had to be particularly careful with this one- it was so long and detailed. I missed one entry in the computer- a consult with the PCP. Well, not bad for all the work. By a little after 6pm, I'd completed 5 admissions, and then later one more. It was a really busy evening.
I did get out on time, though, and that makes me happy.

It's getting late in the morning and I need to get my patients called for the office this week.
Have a great day everyone. Keep Praying!!!


No comments: