Saturday, April 15, 2006

APRIL 15, ANOTHER DATE OF NOTE

Ah, yes.. today is the last day to file income taxes. I sent ours yesterday. Most will have to wait for their money. Not a problem...... been there.......done that.

Good morning all.. ready for a new day? Me too! Yesterday was so soggy, but today promises to be a more pleasant one- note: even Charlie's chickens are crowing with vigor today.

Today I'll be at the hospital working and Wendell will be 'on his own' again this evening. He's doing well with it as long as I have things set up for him generally.. and with a 'list' of course. How could we live without our 'lists'? I noticed yesterday that when we first started out on the diabetic diet that I had been very detailed on exact measurements and what and when we would do each meal/task for the day. As each day has gone by, a little less information has appeared on each page, till last week it contained just the foods and not the amounts needed. Last evening, I noted that I'm only marking the general topics- "meds, blood sugars before meals and snack, and the page was empty of the list of foods we would eat for the day. This is progress. It means we can plan our meals and needs without writing everything down now.

The local grandkids are ailing with strep throats and perhaps their mom too. 48 hours of quarantine seems like a lifetime sometimes- especially on my days off. I had considered taking Wendell for a visit or having them come here on Friday, but , alas...
My friend Sandi sent a box of craft stuff this week for them to enjoy.. well, me too... and we shall do so in the next week or so.. Thanks, Sandi!!! I'll post some pictures when we do our party.. Sorry Sandi can't be here to help and enjoy the festivities.

Gotta get started on the day.. Enjoy it to the fullest.. SPRING IS HERE!!! and...........
Keep praying !!!

No comments: