Sunday, April 23, 2006

THE BEST LAID PLANS

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."
Yeah.. that's us.. make plans and then they get blown away. Today was to be our first day back in church for at least a month. How we looked forward to it with such joy... I spent time checking out details with Wendell.... 'Are you feeling up to this?', ' You are sure you are able to walk that little hill?' , and then getting the showers over with, dressed and breakfast. Everything looking perfect.. smooth sailing. I'd been praying over this- that THIS week would be the best return to the church ever. Got enough gas to make it down and back.. what could go wrong?
Well, after umpteen trips to the BR this morning for myself, and chills, and a low grade fever, I realized it wasn't Wendell who was the concern, but Myself. I've got a urinary tract infection with blood in the urine. No wonder I've been feeling low and feverish for a couple of days. It wasn't till nearly time to leave that I realized I couldn't just drive down without stopping 3-4 times, and then what when I got there? Stay in the BR? Oh...... just another bump in the road... again. Seems like it's a long and bumpy road no matter.
Lord, where does it all end? The disappointment is so great for both of us.
Wendell went into his little room to lay down.. I suppose I'll do the same.

4 comments:

Jthemilker said...

How about CALL THE DOCTOR!

Jemit said...

I did, and then Sandi reminded me about cranberry juice, so I've been sipping it all day too. I'm feeling some better tonite.
I will call the doc if it's not better by tomorrow

Wendy said...

Hope you feel better soon! If I were you I wouldn't sip the cranberry juice...I would chug it! Bottoms up!

Vinnie said...

Sorry that you wern't able to make it yesterday. Glad to read that you're feeling better today!