Sunday, April 23, 2006

THANK EWE....


With the slow start we got on today, it has actually been a wonderful one. When I started feeling better, I made a pineapple upsidedown cake with chocolate chips on the top too.
Yummy. Paul and Amy came with the kids and with the sun shining and wind blowing, we tried to fly our kites. Well, not so good. We will need some new ones, I'm afraid. But we did get the eagle one up pretty good for a few moments.
Joyce brought me a beautiful heart shaped box tied up with a bow-for my birthday she indicated. Everyone stood around smiling like a pack of Cheshire cats.. I knew something was up. I was surprised that it was a set of smelly candles and the scent was delicious! But wait.. there was a book of matches on the top....... "open the matchbook , Gramma!!!".. so I did... Oh, you guys are so funny......... all the tips of the matches were neatly cut off for 'my safety'. Hehehehehe The children squealed with delight and the adults had a good laugh.
Jane gave me a flashlight for the cake too.. don't want to take ANY chances here.. hehehehe
Thank you one and all! You are more than wonderful.

Flowers are blooming..... my tulip bed has about 7 multicolored ones opened today. How very beautiful.. Charlie has bridal wreath, forsythia, and redbud bushes blooming, and of course his peach and apple trees. Daffodils in the yard, painted bright yellow make the day truly look like spring. I put the cushions on the big swing in the front yard, and enjoyed the sounds and smells of a perfect day.






No comments: