Monday, April 17, 2006

NURSING

"Because of this, God raised him up to the heights of heaven and gave him a name that is above every other name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11 NLT

Good morning ! It's 8am and time to rise and shine! Today is to be another beautiful one.
Too bad I have to work this afternoon, but I am thankful for gainful employment for so many years with the hospital- over 30 now. I can hardly believe it's been that long. It's been a good relationship all the way. My employer treats me well, and my direct supervisor, Melea, is wonderful and an excellent manager.
I have really enjoyed my employment over the years, but have never become 'close' to many there. There are a few with whom I do still keep contact- mostly from my OB days.
Nursing has changed so much since I first began, I really don't recognize it any more as the career I chose.
I wanted to teach Spanish. I took 4 years of it in high school and loved it. I would have been an exchange student, but couldn't afford it back then. When I graduated from high school, I tried to get into certain schools, but they were all filled, and no openings meant I had to get out and get work somewhere else till I could be accepted. In the mean time, our new neighbor talked me into attending nursing classes- and I was the last student in my class to be accepted on the day before classes began. At that point, I really had no interest much in nursing, but God was leading and I was doing what I thought might be of benefit to me - the education couldn't hurt; I could always have something to fall back on if my Spanish didn't pan out.
To make a long story short, I did take the state board exams, and RN follows my name.
I never went back to that dream of teaching Spanish. I can't remember much of it either, so don't ask.
My sister and older brother are/were teachers; I'm a nurse. It's paid off over the years.

Gotta get my day started....the lady in the box will be making her daily demand for Wendell soon, so ....... have a fabulous day and...... pray.

2 comments:

Jthemilker said...

You may not have "connected" with many at the Hospital, but you will always be affectionately referred to as "Jennifer Vulhop's Mother" by many. :)

Jemit said...

IT'S AN HONOR