Friday, April 21, 2006

HEADING FOR THE WEEKEND..

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Good morning ! Got my coffee here and I'm reading my e-mails and decided to throw in a blog for the day.
Judging from the SIB (sacro-iliac barometer), it's going to rain within the next 24 hours. Well, we need it badly. I think we must be in drought condition - bearly any snow this winter and little rain so far. And, no, I won't be out burning any papers for a l o n g time.

Today I get to work at the hospital, and then have a weekend off. YIPPEE! With Wendell getting stronger each day and able to do more for himself, I can devote more time to cleaning up inside and outside. There is MUCH to do........ spring cleaning, you know. I'll be pitching a lot of trash we've accumulated over the winter and last fall. No garage sale stuff, but just stuff that the garbage man will be happy to receive all packaged in bags.
There is a work day at the church tomorrow too, but I'm afraid neither Wendell nor I are able to do much to be of any help this time. Perhaps the next. We are so thankful for those who CAN be of help and are willing to do the work there that needs done.

Mandy took Wendell and I out for my birthday on Wednesday evening. I was so happy to have a quiet day with no more excitement. I was a little concerned that Wendell might not be able to make the choices he needed, but he did fine- he chose fish (baked scrod) and soup and veggies. He's still learning how to choose, but I guess my concern is really needless. When you have the same foods in front of you day by day, meal by meal, it sort of soaks in, and you get the idea.. X amount of protein (meat/cheese), X amount of starch (bread/potato), X amount of fruits and veggies.. and watch the fats! Not hard. He's catching on.
And if he should botch up one meal, it'll reflect in his next blood sugar, and he'll learn by that.
The thing is that until his blood sugars are totally consistant all day long, he'll be jagging his fingers for samples 4 times a day- so it's an incentive for him to get it right.
I spent a lot of time on the phone on Wednesday.. calls from family and friends wishing me a happy and peaceful day... thanks everyone! You all made my day.

Well, my coffee cup is about empty, and there is much here to do today before I leave for the afternoon/evening.
Happy blogging everyone! Remember that God loves you all and so do I !

No comments: