Wednesday, April 12, 2006

IT'S 3AM

"Hear my prayer, O God; Give ear to the words of my mouth." Psalm 54:2

It's 3:30am. I have slept approximately 2 hours. No, I don't have any pain, nor do I have a good reason for being awake, but I am. Fortunately for me, I'm not gainfully employed today, and so am not concerned as much with sleep tonite.
Perhaps it's the sounds of the night that keep me awake- or the absence of them. New sounds in our home make me feel uncomfortable sometimes- the sound of the rhythmic hiss and pft! of the oxygen generator in the hallway for one. Or perhaps I just didn't 'wind down' from my busy evening at the hospital. Or perhaps it was just my C-PAP mask that wants to leak and wakes me frequently- that's probably it.
Yes, I'm tired and feel a bit weary. I have much to accomplish today.

As long as I'm here, I'll update on Wendell. He's doing very well. Yesterday he didn't feel much like walking, so he didn't, but I'll see that we walk today. Each day he's a little stronger.
We should hear from the VNA nurse today and she should remove the monitor that demands our undivided attention at 9am sharp every morning- at least I hope so- he still is using the oxygen at night, and they may want to continue monitoring him? I don't know.. don't see why they need to.
His incisions are looking more like scars now, and healing well.

I've lost 11 pounds. This week has been a lot slower for me weight-wise, but I stick to the diet just like Wendell does. The scales yesterday showed a 3# weight gain for him, but there is no way that can be correct.

I'm feeling a bit more weary..... better head back to bed.

No comments: