Sunday, April 16, 2006

BOUNCE

BOUNCE...the stuff you use in your dryer:
Repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.
Eliminates static electricity from your television screen. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling. (I've tried this, but still get a lot of static dust)
Dissolves soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a used sheet of Bounce.
Freshens the air in your home. Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang one in the closet. (I tried this too.... works great!)
Prevents thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce to eliminate the static cling on the thread before sewing.
Eliminates static cling from pantyhose. Rub a damp, used sheet of Bounce over the hose. (Yep)
Prevents musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing. (I actually do this and it's wonderful)
Freshens the air in your car. Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat. (tried and true)
Cleans baked-on food from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in the pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agents apparently weaken the bond between the food and the pan while the fabric softening agents soften the baked-on food.
Eliminates odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket. (I'll be putting one in my garbage can in the morning)
Collects cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.
Eliminates static electricity from venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resetting.
Deodorizes shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight so they'll smell great in the morning. (OH, yeah!)

4 comments:

Jthemilker said...

I gotta get me some!

Jemit said...

Bounce may be good, but I really like the smell of GAIN.. and it's cheaper!

Jane said...

Thanks for the tips! I am def going to try several of these. I usually buy the cheapest sheets I can find. I have used them in my drawers. Even the used ones work. I have also used the used softener sheets to clean the lint trap.

Wendy said...

I have tried some of these. Sometimes if you wear a ballcap you can put one in there for mosquito repellent around your head! I will have to try some of the others!