Thursday, April 13, 2006

SORE BACK AND TIRED FEET

"Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever." I Chronicles 16:34
Everything is status quo. Nothing much to report today. I was working in the office when I got a call from VNA- Wendell had gained 3# and his oxygen saturation was only 89% and was he short of breath? Should they send a nurse? Well, first of all, as I explained to the nurse, Wendell was home alone at 9am and he probably didn't stand directly on the scales- maybe trying to bend back to look at the reading?? And secondly, he can't bend over to put the O2 sensor on his toe, so very likely it was on a finger and he just gets low readings on the finger. "Oh", she said. I told her if Wendell was short of breath, he knows my cell number and he'd have called or just put the oxygen on himself. "Oh" .. again, she said. So, when I got home, he was sitting up watching the news and just fine all day.
It was a long and busy day at the office.. pleasant and cheerful patients who just make my day.
But tonite as usual, I'm tired. I'll try to sleep in till at least 9am tomorrow.
Supper is about ready.. tilapia again tonite... we really LOVE that fish! Tossed salad, potato wedges and asparagus round out the meal, with fruit salad on the side.
Yummy!
I have many things to be thankful for .. a mending husband, food on the table, and some pretty fantastic children who know how to make my day. God bless them all.

No comments: