Sunday, April 09, 2006

GRACE AND PEACE TO YOU

"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ". I Corinthians 1:3

It's a peaceful day here aside from the morning monitor demanding that Wendell weigh himself. Breakfast is over- moving right along into the day. The sun is shining and the world seems so full of life. It was 27 degrees this morning, but the promise of the local weather forecaster is a beautiful day. Tulips are starting to poke their heads up out of the ground, and daffodils too. Oh, how I love spring! - everything green- everything new again!

Wendell's weight is staying the same today- mine too for 2 days. His blood sugars stayed under 200 all day yesterday, and he's starting out with a 116 this morning.
The C-PAP yesterday was okay- not great, but just okay. He's trying. It sometimes takes time to get used to wearing a face mask blowing air at you while you try to sleep. He will attempt again today.

Amy let me know last evening that little P3 accidently touched a heater in the garage and now has a blister or two on his hand. He was pretty upset. Poor guy. These things happen, and it's all a part of growing up- I'd wager he'll not get too close to that heater again.
I hope you feel better today , P3 !

I got an email from my sister in law Mary Lou, to let us know that her brother Ed had passed away yesterday. So very sorry to hear the sad news. Our prayers to comfort you and your family are on the way. Only He can give that peace in a time when you are feeling such a loss.

When it gets a little warmer this afternoon, Wendell and I will take a little stroll outside. He tries to go out every day, but some days it's rainy or just too cold. Gotta get the muscles built up and that includes the heart muscle. Walking is THE ULTIMATE exercise for that, and it'll do us both good. (Maybe I should locate a couple potato sacks for him too??)

Easter is next Sunday. This would be Palm Sunday today. We don't celebrate Easter per se, or as the rest of the world does. I grew up with my Easter basket and corsages, and new dress for church. My children didn't get much of that. I'd changed my opinion of the 'holiday'.. it is so mercenary and leaves one bewildered and unfocused. Instead, we celebrate Christ's resurrection every day of the year. We are given the gift of eternal life if we just believe what is written in the scriptures- that Jesus died and was raised from the dead, and those who believe will have life eternally. Oh, how wonderful this Good News is for all of us!
I know I'm going to hear about how deprived my children all felt growing up when I refused to give them an Easter Basket. Well, it is sort of like Christmas- If I told you when you were small that there was a Santa, you would have been disappointed later to know that the person doesn't exist- it would have been a lie; and if I told you then that there was an Easter Bunny that brought you a basket of goodies, you would later have been disappointed to find out otherwise also- yet another lie. And then if I told you that there was a man who died and was raised from the dead.... you would likely NOT have believed me since I told you the other 'lies'.. or perhaps doubted in your mind. It was not a seed I wanted to plant. Yes, I hear you.."but Mom, it didn't make YOU an unbeliever".. that's grace.
I become horrified when I hear about children taking their Easter Baskets to have the minister/priest bless them... what is this? It's certainly not scriptural. Worldly Easter traditions have permeated our sancturaries.. the focus is NOT on Christ, but on chocolate bunnies and baskets of other confections!
I'll get off my soapbox now.

Have a super duper day, everyone.......Keep Praying!

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

I once complained to my pastor about Chreaster's... those who attend church on Christmas and Easter. I get rather annoyed at having to walk several blocks to church for lack of parking due to these people. My pastor scolded me saying, "These are two days per year when these people just might 'Get It'... when there is a glimmer of hope that they actually might be saved... and you are worried about your parking space?! Shame on you." Uh - I don't complain anymore.